|Mrs. Nada AbiSamra
Guidelines and Expectations
You are expected to work in teams of at least 3 in order to develop a 30 minute final presentation to be given in class every term on an issue related to the themes we have been studying. The team will select one theme and obtain my approval. Each member of the team will then choose, on his/her own, a different topic within this theme and also obtain my approval. In teams, you will have to introduce and conclude the common Theme, but each member will have his/her own introduction and conclusion related to the topic they have individually chosen. There are, as you know well, two parts to this project: Oral and Written.
criteria used to grade the Oral Presentation will include:
(cf. handout "Panel Presentations: Evaluation Criteria")
1. Introduction of Team Members-
2. Title of THEME- Outline of the whole presentation-
3. General Purpose- Interest arousal-
4. Presentation style + Enthusiasm-
5. Introduction & Conclusion of THEME (including thesis statement + restatement of thesis)-
6. Collaboration among/transition between Team Members- Questions elicited-
7. Visual Aids used in common-
8. Timing of presentation.
1. Title of the TOPIC presented- Goal of presentation (explanation)-
2. Outline of individual presentation + Organization.
3. Introduction: Interest arousal + thesis statement.
4. Facts provided (Remember to PARAPHRASE) + sources/references
(A statement about where information used in the presentation was obtained from)
5. Personal Analysis
6. Activities used to make sure the students have grasped the information
provided (ex: short quiz, questionnaire, item ranking...).
7. Presentation style + Enthusiasm + Index cards.
8. Language & Mechanics.
9. Visual aids used: overhead transparencies or PowerPoint slides to visually present the major points.
(It is suggested to use one to two more visual(s), such as handouts or posters)
10. Conclusion/brief review of all major points covered in the presentation.
11. Time for class questions.
team must notify me a week PRIOR to their presentation regarding what equipment
they need for their presentation: overhead, VCR, or PC. If using
music, the portable stereo system will have to be supplied by the team.
Don't forget to provide a copy of "Panel
Presentations: Evaluation Criteria" for each one of your classmates
including me to get our feedback. If you have your OWN Evaluation Form
it will be much better.
In addition to the Oral presentation, each Team must submit a Written Presentation that should include the following components:
1. Cover Page.(Title
of THEME + Illustration, Team Name, Names of all team members,
Name of school, Name of teacher, Subject, Class, Date)
3. Detailed Outline of overall presentation of THEME including the TOPICS
with their subheadings.
The outline should state when slides and activities are used during the presentation.
It should also provide an explanation for why each activity was chosen.
4. Purpose of Theme presentation.
5. Introduction of theme.
6. Topics of individual team members- Each topic will include the following:
a- Cover page for individual member (Title of TOPIC + Illustration, Team
Name, Student Name, Name of school, Name of teacher, Subject, Class, Date)
b- Index + Page numbers
c- Detailed outline of presentation
d- Purpose of topic presentation
f- Facts- PARAPHRASE! (+ titles and subheadings + pictures)
g- Personal Analysis (Relate the information found to your own life/country...)
i- References (They should be written according to the APA style)
Your references should consist of Four to Five works minimum.
(Internet sources, at least one book, refereed journals...)
j- Appendix that includes:
handouts, quizzes, cartoons or anything else you would provide
during the presentation.
2- an evaluation form that you have created for your presentation.
3- a paragraph describing how you proceeded to work on this project
and how much you benefited from it.
4- comment on the compatibility and cooperation of all team
members in regards to preparation.
8. Bibliography or Sources for further information.
9. Paper copies of overhead transparencies or PowerPoint slides, handouts,
quizzes, cartoons or anything else you would provide as a Team during the
10. Comments on a single page from all the team members regarding this
+ ALL Team Worksheets: Team pledge, Team leader pledge, Team charter,
First team progress report, Team Progress Reports, Team schedule, Team work evaluation,
Team listening skills evaluation, Conflict negotiation rating sheet, Self-esteem test,
Leadership self-assessment, Team leader evaluation,Team assessment.
11. Final Words/ Illustrations/ Pictures.
*Preliminary Outlines from all teams are due at least
3 weeks prior to the presentation.
*First drafts are due 2 weeks prior to the
Final Individual Grades